Building Awareness in the UK
Partnerships with schools, companies, organisations and individuals in the UK is essential to increasing awareness of the issues faced by communities in Alara as well as building fund raising opportunities. To this end we have:
- Continued links with four UK primary schools and built links with a further one which raise funds for the schools in Kenya and use this link as an education opportunity for their pupils.
- Run Kenya afternoons in three Primary Schools to support work in Geography and PSHE
- Run trips for 6th form students at Peter Symonds College in Winchester and St Brendan’s College in Bristol to see first-hand the work the charity is doing in Kenya
- Provided support and advice for charity supporters working during their gap year at Kinda Biye
- Given talks to church groups, scouts, guides and women’s institutes on the work we do in Kenya
We live in an increasingly global world and it is important that all children have an understanding of other countries and communities.We provide schools in the UK with partner schools in the Alara area. Schools in the UK and Kenya will have the opportunity to exchange news, letters and photographs. For UK schools, the link can have direct benefits in teaching topics such as RRR, geography and cultural diversity. The link also helps in gaining the British Council International Schools Award.
Become a Partner
Please complete the form below to register your interest in becoming a partner of Kenya 2020